Warehouses pose many potential hazards for workers. These can include unsafe use of forklifts, improper stacking of products, failure to use PPE, failure to follow proper lockout tagout procedures, inadequate fire safety provisions, and repetitive motion injuries.
What does OSHA say about warehousing?
More than 145,000 people work in over 7,000 warehouses.
The fatal injury rate for the warehousing industry is higher than the national average for all industries.
Warehouse Safety Training provided by CRM Inc. is geared towards the exposures at the particular warehouse. This includes:
- Awareness of the Hazard Communication standard;
- Safe Operation of Lift Trucks;
- Working and walking surfaces safety;
- Ergonomics and Back Safety Training programs;
- Housekeeping and Loss prevention;
- Accident investigation and hazard mitigation;and
- Fire Safety.